Principles of planning the layout of kitchen furniture
In the kitchen, a person spends a lot of time, so the space should be organized so that it is pleasant to be in this room and comfortable to work. In many respects it depends on the correct choice and arrangement of furniture for the kitchen. Consider the basic principles that should be guided in planning the interior of the kitchen.
1. The distance between the kitchen sink, stove and refrigerator should be as small as possible in order to reduce time and effort when moving between them. In this regard, small kitchens are very convenient – the space of the room does not give the possibility of a different layout. However, it is strictly forbidden to place the stove next to the refrigerator, and next to the sink is undesirable. Still, these objects perform different functions, and if you are close, you can, for example, pour fire on the stove with water, which is unsafe.
2. When choosing lower cabinets with drawers or doors, keep in mind that drawers are more convenient for storing small and small items, and cabinets with doors have a large usable area. There is also a difference in price: cabinets with drawers are more expensive due to additional material and accessories.
3. The lower cabinets can be either made on open legs or closed with a plinth. There is a fundamental technological moment: for large floor differences in level it is better to use the option with a socle, since the leg height range may not be enough to adjust the furniture horizontally. The base in this case will close the substrate under the legs and give the bottom of the kitchen an organically solid look.
4. Choosing between the angular version of the kitchen and the linear one, you need to pay attention to the area occupied by the corner element. Usually it is quite spacious, but it takes up a lot of space from the area of the room, so in small kitchens you need to make a strict calculation, and only then choose between these two options.
5. Built-in appliances organically fit into the kitchen interior, but somewhat increase the cost of the kitchen due to the use of additional materials. If in addition to the stove, the kitchen will contain other appliances (washing machine or dishwasher, microwave), kitchen furniture should be planned taking into account the dimensions of all these elements.
6. When planning the wall cabinets above the stove, you need to leave a place for hoods – it is not safe to place the wall cabinet in this place. When choosing between traditional-style hanging cabinets and cabinets that open upwards, you need to consider not only the appearance, but also the ease of use, as well as the difference in price that the hardware gives.
7. Bar counter fits well into large kitchens. In small ones, if you wish, you can make it look like by extending the countertop. But a full-scale bar counter with a small kitchen space is not recommended.
8. When choosing accessories, do not forget about such convenient things to use as roof rails with accessories, as well as roll-out baskets, cabinets, bottles and carousel-type mechanisms for corner elements of the kitchen.
9. When choosing materials for furniture for the kitchen, you need to remember that all of them must withstand wet cleaning, and the material of the countertop – high temperatures.
These are the basic principles that you should rely on when planning a kitchen set and translating the desired into reality. The correct calculation and a competent approach to planning will make the choice of furniture for the kitchen much easier and help you quickly navigate among the variety of models on the market.